2000n4everblogspot.co.uk

Thursday 25 July 2013

Messi: I did not pick new Barca coach

LEAVE IT OUT ... Lionel Messi insists he does not hold enough sway to pick a new

 
LIONEL MESSI insists he played no part in Gerardo Martino becoming Barcelona’s new boss.
At a Press conference on Tuesday, Martino said he was sure fellow Argentinian Messi and his father Jorge had put in a good word for him with the Barca hierarchy.
But despite speaking highly of his compatriot in the past, Messi is adamant he had no influence in the decision to appoint Martino.
The four-time Ballon d’Or winner said: “I have nothing to do with Martino’s signing, nor do I have to give any explanations.
“It was down to president Sandro Rosell and the club.

“I said before that he seemed a good coach, but I don’t have to explain anything.”


Messi, 26, added: “I don’t know him personally, I’ve never met him.
“But I think he’s a good signing. He showed at Newell’s and with Paraguay what he’s capable of and hopefully he’ll be good for us.”
Martino, 50, led Newell’s Old Boys to the Argentinian Clausura title last season and guided Paraguay to the quarter-finals of the 2010 World Cup.
He has agreed a two-year contract and will be officially unveiled by Barca tomorrow lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment