2000n4everblogspot.co.uk

Monday 14 July 2014

Jadapose: 16-Year-Old Girl Speaks Out After Her Rape Goes Viral


A young Houston woman is bravely speaking out after her rape turned viral. Last month, 16-year-old Jada was drugged and raped at a friend’s house party and had no clue what had happened to her until pictures and videos of her assault appeared on social media. All she remembers is being given some punch by the party’s host, a friend of a friend, that she believes was spiked.
"I had no control. I didn’t tell anyone to take my clothes off and do what they did to me."
Seeing her rape appear online was bad enough, but then came the memes and hashtags making fun of the aftermath. #Jadapose became a thing where people were copying the position her unconscious body was in after she had been raped.

They also began cyber bullying and rape shaming the high school junior, including the host of the party and alleged rapist, Innel Yahia, who previously had the Twitter account “WhiteBoyLaFlare.”  Before he deleted his account, he tweeted to Jada:
HOW ITS RAPE? YOU HAD 2 MONTHS TO SAY SOMETHING BUT YOU AINT SAY SH-T TILL YOU GET EXPOSED?


As of right now, Houston police are investigating Jada’s claims, and although rape victims’ identities aren’t normally revealed in situations like this, she refused to hide in hopes that it will help someone else.




“Everybody knows,” said Jada. “And everybody’s texting me are you OK? You’re going to be OK, and I was like alright. There’s no point in hiding,” she said. “Everybody has already seen my face and my body, but that’s not what I am and who I am.
“I’m just angry,” said Jada...Watch Video HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment